Its been a whirl-wind of a week so far, so sorry for the delay! Here's the quick summary of the girls weekend to Lillehammer...
So us girls were northernbound this past weekend...mom, Nell and I headed up to Lillehammer for a friend's baptism and we had a wonderful time!
Since neither of us had been in Lillehammer before we drove up Friday after work so we had the entire day on Saturday to poke around.
Checked into a VERY disappointing hotel (our room didn't look ANYTHING like ANY on the website! Boo!) and got Nell settled for the evening and Saturday our exploring began!
The weather was great and we spent all day Saturday (literally from 8am to 8pm) walking the streets and poking in shops. Had nachos and a Stella Artois (my 1st!!!) for lunch by the river and all in all, it was a perfect day! Rounded it off with an icecream downtown during which our tuckered out girl fell fast asleep...dreamy! Lillehammer was a really fun town...tons of shops and lots of action, it was definitely more than I was expecting.
Sunday the baptism for little-E started at 11 so we headed up into the mountains and found our beautiful destination, Sjusjøen Fjellkirke. The church was breathtaking, with glass panels looking down the mountain-side and over the water. Fun to see A&H's whole fam and there were tons of little kiddles for Nell Bell to chase around!
The rain started right as we climbed in the car to head home and we had an AWFUL drive home in the pouring down rain! Driving 3 hours in rain like that was exhausting...but we did have a fantastic weekend, so it was totally worth it!
more pics from hometown
Oh my gosh, I stayed in that hotel too! You're right that the pictures were a big let-down, but the sauna in the basement was amazing.
ReplyDeleteDid you eat at Nikkers bar, with the moose coming out the back wall? Great place!
I can't believe that you stayed at that same hotel!!! Too funny! Great location...I didn't use the sauna but I guess we should have checked it out.
ReplyDeleteWe DID eat at Nikkers...thats where the first picture was taken. I LOVED that place!