Thursday, July 8, 2010

catching up...


We have been on our toes trying to keep up with our busy little bird, Nell Belle...and man are our toes WORN OUT!  She is suuuuuuuuuper busy, as a happy and healthy 1-year old should be!  I can't even believe that she's already 15 months old! 

I have a hard time comprehending this monumental transition that she's made...Nell has completely blossomed since her 1st Birthday.  It was like overnight she morphed from a baby into a little girl.  All of a sudden she has masses of hair that she loves to brush and hates when I put clips in...somehow she picked up that she should shake her booty from side to side when she dances...I catch her standing on the chair and table set that she has in her room...she laughs when she farts...she is hysterical and she KNOWS it!  I guess I just didn't know how many changes I would see in our girl, just at 1-year old!

Since it has been a long time since the last offical blog (on http://ystebo.blogsome.com/) I think its only fair to give you the skinny...

January - Anja and Nell - in the tub

january was my last posting on the old blog
the 11th Nell and I went to Seattle to visit the fam!
the 26th Nell broke her right femur...*sigh* what a scenario!
the 29th Lars finally made it over after chaos surrounding changing his flight to arrive earlier

February - Lars and Nell on Oahu

february 3rd we travelled to Hawaii as planned as our doctor ever so sweetly reminded us that Nell was in a cast whether we were in Seattle, in Hawaii or in Norway!
we arrived in Oahu on the 3rd and friends from Norway joined us on the 6th
the 7th Nell started shaking her head and saying "nei, nei, nei" (no, no, no)
the 15th we went to Kauai
the 16th Nell got her cast off and we went straight to the beach!
the 19th Nell pulled herself up to her knees
the 22nd she pulled herself up to her feet!
the 24th we headed back to Seattle

March - Nell all bundled up, back in Norway

march 5th we arrived back in Norway
the 8th was my first back to work since January of 2009!  WOW!
the 10th Nell can clap, say "mamma", eat with a fork and feed me with it too
the 14th she stood alone
the 16th she transitioned over to one nap a day
Nell also started pointing and asking/saying "ah-er-det?" (what is that?)

April - Nell's 1st Birthday cake

april 4th Nell turned ONE YEAR OLD!
on the 10th Nell had a breathing episode/seizure that most of you already know about...
the 12th her top left front tooth came in...this was the first tooth action since november...
the 16th her top right front tooth in
the 23rd 2nd top left front tooth in
the 24th Nell took three steps to me
the 29th my mom (Bestemor!) arrived to stay with us until August!  YIPEE!

May - blooming daffodils in Drøbak

may 1st Nell's bottom 2nd left tooth came in (this was the latest one in...she now has 4 up top and 3 "downstairs" as Lars and I like to say!)

June - Nell showing us who's boss

june 1st Nell said "bade" (bathe, in the bathtub)
june 2nd she said "pappa"
3rd she said "buzz-buzz"

July - Nell and Bestemor at the beach on the 4th of July

july 1st Nell can offically walk!
the 8th and she's off to the races...no stopping her now

phew...are you as exhausted as I am just by reading all this action?!?!

Thank GOD we have my mom here...Bestemor has been a GOD SEND and we have loved every prescious second that she has been in Norway with us!  Nell ADORES her and I honestly don't know how we could have made it through these past couple of months without her!

Goodness...consider your self ALL caught up!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, so much activity! I didn't know about the breathing episode, sounds scary and I hope she's okay. I'm amazed how grown up she looks in the pics. I wish I could hear her speak norsk! We could practice reading books together! ;)

    ReplyDelete