Thursday, February 10, 2011

Curry-Coconut Sauce

This is such an easy recipe to make and the sauce is fantastic and can be used in SO many ways!


Curry-Coconut Sauce (link to original recipe, I have modified the one I am posting here to the way I like it)

Serves 4

Hands-On Time: 10m
Total Time: 10m
 
Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
zest of 1 lime
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
I can light coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

Directions

1. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.

2. Place a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add red pepper flakes, lime zest, garlic, and curry powder and stir-fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds.

3.Add the coconut-milk mixture and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly, 1 1/2 minutes. Add basil. Pour into a bowl.

*I just tossed mine over 4 chicken breasts and chopped up some onion boats and threw it all in the oven.  This would also be delicious over a warm or cold chickpea salad...or with lentils...or scampi and rice noodles...YUM!  Its such a diverse sauce that you can really use with anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment