This combination should definitely do the trick!
In addition to my change in diet, I have started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...a workout DVD that I do at home. Its a program with 3 levels - each level lasting 10 days. I'm only on day 2 of level 1, and I can definitely feel the burn! The workout is only 20 minutes, so there is really no excuse to not do it at least once a day. And as hardcore as tv-Jillian is on the Biggest Loser...I really like the dvd-Jillian!
The past few days I have eaten TONS of salad...all different versions and I love it. Salad with cut veggies + egg, or tuna, or salmon, or chicken, or chickpeas...and for dressing I use a drizzle of evoo and different spices - cumin, paprika, ground garlic, curry...not all together, but a different mix every time.
I have reflected on my diet in the past few years and I have eaten FAR (and I really mean FAAAAAR!) too few vegetables! So thats why I'm kicking the salads into gear now...and my stomach feels great and even my skin is looking better.
I've only been doing this for soon one week, but I already see and FEEL the difference. My weight is down and I really do feel great about myself!
This morning I had gluten free bread with some eco peanut butter (salt + peanuts ONLY) and that was heaven...nice to start the am with some serious protein! I have been eating a lot of nuts too...sprinkling a salad mix (pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, peanuts, etc) on my salads...YUMMY!
Although I have wanted to cheat a few times...I told myself that since I'm already down in weight, I could just splurdge once and still be under my starting weight, I was strong enough to say NO! Twice when I drove by McDonald's I was soooo tempted to stop...and walking past the bakery at our local mall I was REALLY tempted for something yeasty...but I am being strong and am SO very proud of myself!
1st week stats to come shortly!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment