I am reposting this (something I had on my
old blog) because I have had SUCH a craving for red lentils lately...and this recipe is just to die for. Everyone I know eats this...kids, people who are totally anti healthfood. Its just a tasty recipe that goes well as a side to anything. One of the best things about the recipe is that its literally just to throw all the ingredients into a baking dish, give them a swirl with your spoon, and then toss the dish in the oven...its really that easy.
I'm making it this weekend. Enjoy!
Honey Baked Lentils
1 cup red lentils (rinse them, but no pre-soaking necessary!)
2 cups water
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp tamari (a type of yeast free soysauce)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 clove garlic
1 small onion
salt & pepper to taste
*Bake in a covered dish at 350 until tender, for an hour and a half.
No comments:
Post a Comment