Monday, August 8, 2011

week two


Week two is going great.  Had a dip in my energy levels early on though, now feeling much better!  My body now says stop when its full...I was eating taco salad and literally had to stop after I was half way through.  My portion sizes are so much smaller.

Weight loss this week 7,6 lbs.  Total weight loss over two weeks 12,2 lbs!  NICE!  I am starting to feel a change in the way that my clothes fit this week...and can even see a small difference in my face in pictures.

Favorite foods of this week...salmon grilled with evoo, dill and red onion, YUM!  Baked lentilsMarinated tofu.  LOTS of fish!  There is definitely NO shortage of good food...just things I didn't experiment with so often before.

I made this ginger glazed cod last night, that I had posted about earlier.  It was soooo good, and I'd highly recommend it!  Super easy to prepare and fish only takes about 15 minutes to bake...so it all whipped together in no time!

I really took advantage of my parents being here and took lang walks almost every evening this entire week, sometimes walking 1-1,5 hours!  Just me and my iPod on the open road...I even walked in the rain last night and it felt great!  I'm sleeping much better and feel my energy levels rising now that I'm exercising regularly.

Drove my parents to the airport this morning on my way to work.  Was sad to see them go, but I am forever grateful for the time they were here and the time they got to spend with Nell.  I never could have settled without them.  I said to my mom in the car on the way up, that this year will be a challenge, it will be a year of self-dicipline in SO many ways...but it will be great for me and I will be a better person and mother for it.

Bring it on 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Love your attitude and spirit. I think this will be a great year for you as challenges only make us stronger and better!!

    ReplyDelete