Thursday, August 4, 2011

i'm in here somewhere

I am overweight. That period at the end of that sentence was literal.

I bought a new scale the 25th of July and I got off before the numbers came to a stop. I saw them go higher than they ever have before and I actually stepped off before the dial could show me the final number. The next morning I got on and I stayed put. I was crushed by what I saw, I have to be that honest... But it wasn't as devestating as I thought it would be. I guess deep down I really did know what was coming.

As humiliating as this is to publish to the world (even though I know not that many people check my blog), I just feel, scratch that, I  KNOW that I need to be held accountable in this journey that I am taking!

As you know, I am now single...but more importantly I am a single PARENT. I need to be here for Nell...both long-term and NOW! She needs me now...she needs a mom with enough energy to keep up with her and not one that gets wiped out just from a day at work. So I am doing this in part for Nell...but mostly I am doing it for ME! The temple of my body has been neglected and I am no longer putting myself second to anyone or anything. I can't do anybody any good (including myself!) if I'm not doing my BODY good!

So here's a break down of what I'm up to...

Strategy: I am readying Joshi again, as you might remember from my last (pre-pregnancy) detox plan.  His diet* worked this body OVER last time and I know that this program works for me. 
*Diet: I don't say diet as in plan to lose weight...although thats ultimately what I want to do. I say diet here as in what I will be (and will NOT!) be eating.

The plan: I am doing a weekly weigh in and am sharing it with friends and family that are on     Team-Marit!

Exercise: Right now I am walking...between 1 and 2 hours in the evening, on the days I don't have Nell.  I have two training videos that I am going to experiment with on the evenings that I have Nell and I hope that they'll be a good fit for me on the nights I can't get out.  My exercise goals are to cross country ski as much as possible this winter (already have a couple of training partners lined up!) and to be biking by next summer...after I dig up a bike somewhere!!!

Important Dates: I started the 25th of July...the date that I bought my new scale. I have set my first goal to be reached by the 31st of December 2011!!! I will start the year of 2012 at a weight that I have not been since as long as I can remember...and I can't wait.

All of this will be hard for me. But I need to do it. I need to be held accountable and more importantly I want to be accountable! I need to do this. No more postponing. There is no time like the present. In the decisions that I made for my new life, post divorce, I have promised myself that I was no longer going to sugar coat things. I was no longer going to make excuses for anyone and I was going to be brutally honest if necessary. And there is no more important thing to be brutally honest about than my health.

So here we go! I am looking forward to breaking out of this shell and finding Marit's true identity again...I know she's in there...and she's ready to SHINE!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Marit! Your plan and determination will make you a 'winner' for sure in the area of getting healthier!!! I'll be backing you with my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! I'm already down almost 14 pounds! And my bod just feels so clean!!! Will get hard when I plateau I'm sure...but I'm in it to win it! ;)
    Nell and I will be in town in March 2012 and want to see you (and maybe even Jess and the kiddles!) while I'm there!

    ReplyDelete