I made salmon burgers for dinner tonight when having some girlfriends over and they turned out really great!
I made these puppies in the picture...and honestly, how awesome do they look?! A lot of recipes I found called for pulsing the salmon in a mixer first, but I loved the big flakes of salmon in the burgers the way I made them. Definitely poach the salmon and flake, the way I describe below.
Super easy and really just took a few minutes to throw together...
Ingredients for 6 burgers
16 oz fresh salmon (lightly poached* in salted water, almost cooked all the way through...you'll want it still raw just in the middle)
2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons onion chopped onion
1/4 cup Italian seasoned croutons
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 pinch red pepper flakes (I didn't add this, this time)
1 tablespoon veggie oil
-and-
2 tbsp light mayo
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 pinch dried basil
Directions
1. Mix-master croutons, measure and add to bowl. Mix-master parsely, measure and add to same bowl. Mix-master onion, measure and add to bowl. Add eggs, salmon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 tsp basil, and red pepper flakes. Mix together. Form into 6 paties.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the paties and cook for 4 min on each side or until nicely browned.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, 1 tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of basil. Use as sauce for your paties.
I served them up with hamburger buns, tomato, avocado and lettuce. YUM!
*to poach the salmon bring a pot of salted water to a boil, take off the heat, put the salmon in and put the lid on for about 8 minutes.
I made these puppies in the picture...and honestly, how awesome do they look?! A lot of recipes I found called for pulsing the salmon in a mixer first, but I loved the big flakes of salmon in the burgers the way I made them. Definitely poach the salmon and flake, the way I describe below.
Super easy and really just took a few minutes to throw together...
Ingredients for 6 burgers
16 oz fresh salmon (lightly poached* in salted water, almost cooked all the way through...you'll want it still raw just in the middle)
2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons onion chopped onion
1/4 cup Italian seasoned croutons
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 pinch red pepper flakes (I didn't add this, this time)
1 tablespoon veggie oil
-and-
2 tbsp light mayo
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 pinch dried basil
Directions
1. Mix-master croutons, measure and add to bowl. Mix-master parsely, measure and add to same bowl. Mix-master onion, measure and add to bowl. Add eggs, salmon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 tsp basil, and red pepper flakes. Mix together. Form into 6 paties.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the paties and cook for 4 min on each side or until nicely browned.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, 1 tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of basil. Use as sauce for your paties.
I served them up with hamburger buns, tomato, avocado and lettuce. YUM!
*to poach the salmon bring a pot of salted water to a boil, take off the heat, put the salmon in and put the lid on for about 8 minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment