Tuesday, November 8, 2011

minimal makeup


As you know, I am a low maintenance kind of girl.  I don't use a lot of makeup, but the one thing I never leave home with out...and often the only makeup I leave home with ON...is mascara.

I used to use a type of mascara in college (here in Norway) that gave me SUPER long lashes...I got TONS of compliments on my lashes and was often asked about my mascara.  I even had a GUY ask me how I got my lashes so long...it was THAT good! 

I had long since forgotten which type I used back then, and had gone back to good 'ol Clinique...but then I saw a commercial the other day for L'Oreal Paris Lash Architect...and I was pretty sure that was the same tube I used to use.  So this weekend, I picked me up some of the the 4D variety in brown...and I tried it out this am.  WOW.  This stuff makes my lashes INSANE long!  I mean, I have long lashes to start with...and this stuff makes my lashes almost unmanageable, if you can imagine that.  I wasn't totally sure, when I was putting it on.  Thought maybe I'd recommend it to peope who DON'T have long lashes to start with...because there is NO question that this stuff enlongates.  BUT, now that I have it on, I am shocked at how 'light' my lashes feel.  With my old standby, Clinique, I always have to cake it on to get the effect I wanted...but with the 4D, it really only took a couple of strokes.  I'm loving it.  Feels great and looks great.  Girls, this is definitely one to try.

I also picked up a bronzer this weekend.  I NEVER use face product, but those golden tins of tan in a compact just looked so tempting now that winter is falling upon us.  I had seen a girl on the bus applying IsaDora Bronzing Powder...and I'll admit, the monsterous size of the compact reminded me of how I imagine makeup compacts in the 50's being.  So I grabbed one and figured what the heck.  So I also tried that this morning and I LOVE it.  Its light and has a little sparkle to it...and my skin looked much more alive the instant I put it on.  Going to see if it lasts the whole day, but as I've come as far as mid-day and it still looks great.  VERY natural...the last thing I want is to look orange!

So anyway, these two items look as thought they're going to be my winter staples for this year.  They'll be my everyday product...thats it, thats all I use.  Come those holiday parties I'll throw on some eyeliner and shadow and a touch of lipgloss...but thats another post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment