Saturday, October 15, 2011

the comfort of oats

Saturday morning...every-other-one, I'm alone...and its quiet.  Somehow I don't manage to sleep in and my body clock wakes me EXACTLY when Nell usually wakes up every morning.  This morning, I twisted and turned under the comforter... battling a ridiculously stuffy nose!  Finally rolled out of bed at 8 and have showered, put on some laundry, made a grocery list...and now I just polished off a toasty bowl of oatmeal and I'm nursing my coffee.

Oatmeal is something that I don't make that often, but everytime I do make it, I can't remember (for the life of me!), why I don't make it more often!  This morning I had blueberries and apples swimming in my oats and I used milk instead of water (gasp!)...and holy-oats, its was heavenly!

I saw a woman on the bus the other morning, who brought her oats with her and I'm thinking of doing the same.  I am never hungry when I wake up super early to get to work, but by the time I get to work, I'm hungry.  So I'm going to get a soup thermos (which will come in handy for Nell before too long too) and will try making oats and then sealing them up and taking them with me...eating whenever I find the time/hunger-pang.

click to hear, here...
Alright...enough rambling about my breakfast!  I've got some good a.m. tunes going and have to get this butt in gear, cleaning up the house before girlfriends come over tonight!  I'll post more about that next week!

For now, make sure you check out the album Within & Without by Washed Out.  I LOVE it and its a great mix of tunes for any time of day!  I'm 99.9% sure you won't be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment