Thursday, June 23, 2011

when it rains, it pours

2 must haves for a rainy afernoon...
my new water bottle (filled with the taste of summer: strawberry and rhubarb juice...YUM!) and my Slogger clogs!

Note: Nell's pumpkin plant that so desperately needs to get in a proper size planter!  Mom, I need your help on that one!!!
...and YES...I am wearing 2 different colored socks...mid-move, I should be excused just this once!

This morning brings summer thunder and lightning storms and rain, rain, rain. 

To top it all off, I've got a wicked cold and have officially taken a day off from moving.  This means I have not touched a box or bag of unpacked goodies today.  I have been nursing my runny nose and sinus pressure with cups of hot tea...and yes, a cup of coffee or two in there to boost my energy levels.  Its grey and a girl can't help but feel a little grey in this weather.

However, in just a few short hours (they seem to just fly by, espcially on lazy days...am I right?!) I will be picking my beam of sunlight up from barnehage and I know with all my heart that that bright face and those beautiful blue eyes will bring a smile to this grey girl's face!  Nell is just what a kid needs on a grey day like today!

Nell has been incredible through the move.  I've had her since Tuesday afternoon and she was just thrilled to see the new apartment!  I've been telling her that Mamma and Nell were going to have a new home just for us girls!  It was a pleasant surprise for her to walk from room to room and find her toys in new places!  She couldn't have been happier.  And she LOVES her big-girl-bed!  She climbs in and out of it countless times per day.  She lays down, forces her eyes closed (too cute!) and lays stiff as a board...then 2 seconds later, bolts upright, and declares "VÅKEN"!  ...which means awake in Norwegian. 

Here are some pics from her 1st evening in the new diggs!




 
Thank the lord that I have this beautiful little being to keep me company...I watch her grow and learn every single second of the day...and I see so much of myself in her that its scary/heartwarming!!!

Alright, enough for today...

The Ystebø girls are settled and settling...I'll keep you posted!

teaser: Nell and I are getting a visit in the beginning of July...bring on BESTEMOR and BESTEFAR!

-

No comments:

Post a Comment