Monday, June 20, 2011

home is where the heart is

So I have a new home...I am settled and working on settling. 

I have taken a break from blogging to attend to my own life and family, and am now settling in on my own.

Long story short, Hubby and I are divorcing and this past weekend I MOVED!  Moving in itself is a short story!  SO much work...and SO blessed to have wonderful friends to help me get it all done in the right timeframe!

So I have slept two nights in my new diggs...and am now enjoying my first cup of coffee at my dining table...despite the fact that its currently standing in the middle of my livingroom and I am walled in by an endless amount of boxes.  Ho-Hum...going to enjoy this moment and this cup of coffee before I get to any of them!

Nell has been here twice (before I moved anything in) and I've told her all about how Mamma and Nell are going to have a special home just for us girls!  She smiles up to me, with her big blue eyes, and nods saying "ummm-hummm"!  She is such a riot these days!  Such a ball of energy!  I'm really excited for her to come and stay in her new home here...in just two days!  YIPEE!  I have a TON to get ready before then, but its just heartwarming to think about it!

So...more to come, this is just an oh-so-brief intro to the life-changing events that are going on here in my little Drøbak.  But I am here.  I am tired and worn...but I am strong and optimistic, and going into this new life ready to create the best possible situation for myself and Nell!

Watch out world, here we come!

-

2 comments:

  1. Divorce is never easy. My heart goes out to you guys.
    Glad you are feeling happy and settling into your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your words, Aimee! I have been trying to respond to this for awhile and just changed my settings so I finally can!
    Things have been interesting, but they are SO much better than they were. I am happy and healthy and working on becoming a better me...for both myself and for Nell!
    I definitely would have looked you up had we lived in the states!
    Love your little Cash! He is too cute!

    ReplyDelete